Saturday, March 1, 2014

El Dia de Amistad

February 17, 2014

mom!

Sounds like you guys are pretty busy out there!  Elder Chamorro and I are also pretty busy out here also!  We have two baptismal dates for this week so we are pretty stoked about that!  Everything has been really good this week.  We had a zone conference with president, went out to lunch Tuesday (5 month mark) and it really was just a good week.  Everything is pretty calm out here, I got like 4 packages this week hahah (one from you guys, Grandma Jeanne and the Dickman's sent me two)  pretty awesome and I REALLY appreciate all the support!! I don't really know what else to talk about rally hahah everything is just moving along.  My companion is good, and yes the do celebrate Valentines Day (el dia de amistad)  and its pretty much they same, but Peruvian so not quite hahah.  kind of a weak email, but I really don't know what to write about!
 
A few of Jake's other emails this day---
I was trying to think of something, but came up dry.  really was just thinking that we should always try to improve our lives and change for the better.  I read the story of Lot and his wife and that's just what I thought about.  It's in Genesis 17 I think.....  if we just look forward and focus on our goal we will be much happier.  That's also what I have learned out here, if we don't have goals and do things with a purpose, we will just drift around in circles with our lives. Just some things I've been thinking about!

hahahah something elder quille always told me and taught was about the two most powerful things in the world..... the atonement and the decisions of the people.  a lot of times we don't think too much about what we are doing, but its the little things that do big things!
 
 
         We made a sweet staircase at the top of a mountain and a lady let me use her hat hahahah
           I honestly don't know why they live so high up there, but they do..... there's houses,
            but they just climb the hill so we were helping them out!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment