Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Last week in Casablanca??

March 31, 2014

Hey mom!
Pretty solid week this week.  nothing really crazy is going on over here...... this could be my last week here in Casablanca which is kinda sad, but just gotta finish strong.  I'm doing pretty good out here, learning so much it's pretty awesome.  Also just trying to help the people in any way I can.  It's pretty cool just to have the opportunity to serve the people here and learn.  It's really a good idea to look for little acts of service that you can do for others because that's when you can really feel the Saviors love. Thanks for sending the extra money. I've been budgeting way better this month and ended with 100 extra soles.  I'm going to save to help pay for marriages! So I'm doing fine really!  I really don't have too much else too say, but I'm doing good out here in Peru and hope you guys are doing good out there!!!!
 
*Note from mom----Jake did mention that it is very expensive for most couples to get married in Peru, therefore, many of the couples live together. This is why he mentioned he wanted to use his extra money for marriages so that these families can be together forever :)
 
 
              Jake just sent me a picture of Matthew 17:20 on Spanish (this really helped our family a lot this week)




                                                                Jakes new scripture bag (a birthday present)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment