Monday, January 12, 2015

Trials in Life

October 20, 2014

Hola!

How is everyone doing this week?  I am doing great this week and today and I'm really just having a great time out here!  I was thinking a lot about what you had written me and some things that have been going on at home and I was just really pondering about that and a few months back I read the book of Job and it really was just something powerful to help me understand a lot of things about this life!  He was a man who passed through many afflictions and they were some really tough ones and his friends came to comfort him and they just start to talk and there are really some cool principles that we can learn from their words.  One thing that I really liked is that as people we cant progress in this life if we don't have trials! We go through hard things so that we can progress and grow really as people! But one thing that is really important for us is the way that through all his trials, Job really focused on one thing, and that was the justice of God! We know that many times in our lives, we will go through sad moments and happy moments and have challenging times, but we can always trust in the justice of God and if we are good with him, well there really isn't anything else too important! I remember before the mission getting really upset about a lot of little things like not being able to go out surfing because it was raining and mom always said the water was dirty and I always felt like I would be left out--or when I couldn't go to a party because I had to work-- those things killed me because I wanted to do everything and be everywhere, but now I have realized there's only one place I want to be and one way to get there and that also helps us to get through the hard times in our lives. If we can follow the Lords path we can really be happy. As it has been said many times, his path was hard and if we really want to be his disciples our path will be hard as well, but si "vale la pena" anyways that's all I really have to say hahah sorry if you can understand this, but if you work hard you can see past the spelling errors and typos hahahahah

Love you guys,

Elder Zundel

No comments:

Post a Comment